It always feels like there is just one person in this world to love, and then you find somebody else, and it just seems crazy that you were ever worried in the first place.
Following the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s setting of a “safe” level of melamine in foods, the World Health Organization (WHO) has announced its own safety level of 0.2 mg per kilogram of body weight per day.
In other words, the WHO says that a 150-pound person could safely consume 13.6 mg of melamine per day.
That’s a lot of melamine. It’s almost like a nutritional supplement dose. And the scary part about all this is that neither the WHO nor the FDA has any science whatsoever to back up this “safe” consumption guideline.
Melamine is an industrial chemical that has sickened hundreds of thousands of children in China and killed babies and pets across the world. It has no place in the food supply whatsoever. For these health agencies that are supposed to be serving the public to now claim that a person can “safely” eat 13.6 mg of melamine per day, every day, is simply outrageous. It is a betrayal of the very public these agencies are supposed to serve and protect.
Without any scientific evidence whatsoever, the world’s health agencies are essentially endorsing very high levels of melamine in foods. How high? If a 150-pound person eats just one chocolate bar per day, and that chocolate bar is a 50-gram bar that’s contaminated with melamine, the WHO would allow an incredible 272 parts per million of melamine in the bar, which is 272 times the allowable level of melamine contamination that has been put forth by the FDA!
The FDA, you see, is outlining its melamine limits based on how much melamine is in the food. The WHO, on the other hand, is stating a limit of how much a person can consume, and the WHO limit is significantly higher than what the FDA limit would have typically exposed a person to.
What’s really astonishing here, though, is not only that both the WHO and FDA think it’s “safe” for babies, children and adults to consume melamine every day, but that these agencies support the daily consumption of multiple untested chemicals in combination!
For example, the FDA has declared bisphenol-A to be completely safe and has placed no consumption limit on it whatsoever. There is no limit on acrylamide consumption, either, meaning that a U.S. citizen could be consuming large amounts of melamine, bisphenol-A, acrylamides, phthalates, perchlorates and numerous other chemicals in highly toxic combinations that are all “approved” by the FDA!
I must emphasize there has been no safety testing done on melamine that could scientifically establish a “safe” consumption limit. Thus, the FDA and WHO are just blindly guessing at what a safe level might be. Consumers are guinea pigs, in other words, and if babies start dying or falling ill from all these chemicals at some later date, then they’ll deal with it then (by denying they could have known the chemicals were dangerous, of course).
In other words, the health authorities of the world are now setting food safety standards in precisely the same way that a fifth-grade takes a history quiz… by guessing!
I have a radical idea: How about setting a standard that would require no industrial chemicals in the food supply?
And why is that so radical anyway? Shouldn’t that just be common sense? Why are the FDA and WHO shoving chemicals down our throats and insisting they’re all safe to eat?
Why have our food safety agencies become pushers of industrial chemicals?
Every time you pop a pill, it’s like betting on a roulette wheel in Vegas. Only it’s not your money that’s at risk: It’s your life!
Sure, if you’re lucky, you might spin a chance result of having your symptoms go away for a while. Maybe the cancer tumor shrinks, or your blood pressure is artificially lowered, or you don’t feel as much pain because your body is numbed with pharmaceuticals…
But if your roulette wheel comes up empty, you could end up not only losing your bet, but losing your life! Various pharmaceuticals cause liver disease, cancer, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, impaired brain function, impaired immune system function, loss of sleep quality, impotence, infertility, loss of hair, gastrointestinal bleeding, accelerated aging, neurological disorders and much more. And these are the drugs the FDA says are “safe and effective” for treating your health conditions!
You can trust Mother Nature. She’ll never ask you for a royalty on a patent. She gives all her medicine for free, and she provides the seeds, soils, rainfall, sunlight and nanotechnology to construct all the medicines the human body needs. Mother Nature is the answer to our health care problems, and she’ll never bribe a journalist, psych doctor or lawmaker just to promote her products (which is probably why she’s not so popular).
Yes, it’s true: A couple of CT scans can expose your body to as much radiation as standing a few miles from an atomic bomb explosion. This is a simple scientific fact.
Power naps are one of the best kept secrets of successful people. These short naps (usually thirty minutes or less) are surprisingly refreshing and leave you with increased energy and improved productivity. These miniature naps are usually taken during the afternoon, but can be used whenever you need a boost. Power naps rarely involve dreaming. They are more of a meditative state that allows the mind to process information and start fresh.
There have been many studies on napping in recent years. According to the Salk Institute, napping improves heart function, hormonal maintenance, and cell repair. In another study done by NASA researchers, power naps were also shown to improve memory. Other studies indicate that those who nap enjoy productivity boosts, lower stress levels, improved learning ability, and better overall moods.
Anyone who needs to maintain a clear mind can benefit from taking a power nap. A short nap will allow a person to concentrate better and more efficiently process information. The energy boost from a power nap is much more substantial than you might expect from such short period of sleep.
How to Power Nap
– In order to reap all the benefits of a power nap, it`s important to be comfortable. That means finding a comfy place to catch those few minutes of sleep–not just physically comfortable but mentally comfortable as well. This means choosing a private place such as an office or car.
– The lighting should be as low as possible, and the area should be quiet (white noise or relaxing music might be helpful). Try to find a place where you can lie down or at least recline, as this facilitates relaxation.
– It is also important to quiet the mind, avoiding intrusive thoughts but not fighting the thoughts that do occur to you. The trick is not to focus on whatever comes into the mind, but allow it to come and then let it go. This is the mind`s way of refreshing itself. Focus on taking deep, slow breaths to help you relax.
– Be sure to set an alarm so you nap for no more than thirty minutes. Any more than this and you could slip into a deep sleep that will leave you feeling groggy rather than refreshed. After the alarm goes off, spend another minute or two breathing deeply and doing some light stretching. At this point, full awareness should return and you should be ready to jump back into your day feeling better than ever.
It’s so easy for people to take the prescription the doctor wrote to have filled. It’s even easier to take a medication, hoping for a cure or relief from an illness. But there’s often a trade off. Too many times, medications have side effects that range from mild to dangerous to deadly.
Some people suffer so greatly that they are willing to take the risks, but what of the people who haven’t been properly informed? Here are some potential side effects from common prescription drugs that patients should watch out for:
Hypertension: It’s ironic that a common disorder that is often treated pharmacologically would also be caused by other drugs. However, it is true that there are many prescriptions that cause an increase in blood pressure. Some common drugs for fibromyalgia as well as anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) and corticosteroids can cause hypertension. Untreated high blood pressure can lead to a host of other problems, such as cardiac arrest, stroke, and kidney failure.
Suicidal thoughts: Unfortunately, there are many drugs that can lead people to experience suicidal thoughts. Some of the medications are used to treat fibromyalgia, depression, anxiety, or help people with smoking cessation. Unfortunately, people who are experiencing depression might be prescribed a drug that simply makes it worse, and – it goes without saying – suicidal thoughts can often lead to suicide.
Liver damage: There are numerous drugs that can lead to liver damage, including medications used to treat epilepsy, high cholesterol (statin drugs), and pain and inflammation (again, NSAIDs). Untreated damage to the liver can lead to myriad problems, such as liver cancer, failure of the liver, and chronic liver disease.
Kidney damage: There are numerous prescription drugs on the market that can cause kidney damage. Some of them include chemotherapy drugs, antibiotics, and high blood pressure medications. Kidney damage that is untreated can lead to renal failure.
It’s tragic that when people trust their physician to make them well, they’re given a medication that can leave them worse off than when they started. Medications are not always safe, and people need to be aware of the potential dangerous and deadly side effects they could experience because they chose to blindly take something that was supposed to heal them.
Here are 5 essential tips to avoid cavities this winter.
1. One Sweet Food Per Day – Instead of having sweets and desserts all day long, have only one dessert or sweet food source per day. By limiting the amount of sweets you consume each day, you limit blood sugar fluctuations. These fluctuations cause minerals such as calcium and phosphorous to be withdrawn from your teeth and bones. Fruit is considered a sweet as well because natural sugars can contribute to tooth decay, however not as severely as white or processed sugars.
2. Avoid Desserts and Condiments with High Fructose Corn Syrup (Corn Sugar) – We know that sugar is bad for our teeth, but what about high fructose corn syrup from corn? High fructose corn syrup actually causes more intense blood fructose fluctuations than white sugar. More intense blood fructose causes more minerals to be pulled from your teeth and bones. So if you are going to eat something sweet this winter, make sure it is sweetened with something that is not synthetic, i.e., cane sugar or fruit. Try to avoid mineral depleting high fructose corn syrup.
3. Lather on the Butter You know how good this delicious ingredient tastes. And here is a good reason to indulge in it during the wintertime. According to the research of Dentist Weston Price, cultures around the world with the lowest rates of cavities do not avoid natural animal fats like butter. He also notes in this book “Nutrition and Physical Degeneration,” that butter from grassfed cows contains a cavity preventing vitamin not often found in our diet, Activator X. In addition, having more butter during the wintertime will reduce blood sugar fluctuations from sweet foods. Butter in turn provides your body with the healthy vitamin rich fats it needs to prevent cavities.
4. Have Calcium Rich Raw Dairy – Calcium builds strong teeth and bones. One highly absorbable form of calcium comes from dairy because cows and goats have a diet requiring grass and plants. Pasteurization kills vitamin C contents in milk, so if possible choose your dairy raw and fresh. There are many high quality artesian raw milk cheeses made in the United States and Europe. These cheeses are very dense in minerals such as calcium and phosphorous which we need for healthy teeth and bones. For those who do not have access to raw dairy, yogurt from grassfed milk makes a tasty calcium rich treat.
5. Floss with Dental Tape Flossing may be much more effective in limiting cavities than brushing. Brushing can spread around dental plaque and push plaque into the gum line. Flossing with dental tape (which is a type of floss that is wider than normal floss) helps clean plaque from in between the teeth to help prevent those winter cavities.