* Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adult we have only 206 in our bodies. The reason? Some bones fuse together later.
* Children born in the month of May are on the average 200 grams heavier at birth than children born in any other month.
* A newborn baby’s head accounts for about one-quarter of it’s entire weight.
* According to researchers at the University of Texas, babies like pretty faces better than plain ones.
* A fetus in the womb can hear. Tests have shown that fetuses respond to various sounds just as vigorously as they respond to pressures and internal sensations.
* A baby is born every seven seconds.
* Babies are born with very poor vision but can recognize their mothers almost right away.
* Babies are always born with blue eyes, within a few moments of delivery their eye color can change.
* Babies are born with swimming abilities and can naturally hold their breath. However, they shortly lose this instinct.
* Newborns usually double their weight by six months.
* Playing classical music will increase a baby’s intelligence.
* Reading to your child at ANY age will increase their knowledge.
* Babies and toddlers are, pound for pound, stronger than oxen. This is especially true of their legs.
* Babies are born without kneecaps.